Biomedical treatments of autism and AD(H)D establish themselves more and more as the basic therapy.There are various reasons which intensify the disease pattern of autism. However, it is possible to do something against them on the biomedical level, like:
– Immune deficiencies
– Permeable gut
– Food intolerances
– Autoimmune diseases
– Malfunction of neurotransmitter
– Defects of enzymes
– Heavy metal toxication
– Malfunction of the blood circulation of the brain
– Other malfunctions of the metabolism
Almost all patients from the autistic spectrum who I have met in my practice show deviations from the standard values after they have been examined for some of the possible reasons which are mentioned above. It is important to start from this point and to select the therapies which facilitate the everyday life of the patient and his/her family, which is already complicated, and which may improve the quality of life considerably.
This may be a diet. This may also be the administration of different orthomolecular preparations. Experiences of the last years confirm that the best possible results and courses of development are attainable with this treatment.
For the first admission we reserve a period of 2-3 hours. Before this appointment I should have all medical documents, in chronological order, so that I can study them in advance and to get an idea of the patient. A photograph of the patient and/or a photograph of the family would also be helpful. Thus, the time which the patients spend in the practice is used optimally.
- Individually adjusted examinations after an extensive anamnesis on the basis of a standardized questionnaire which I have developed for my patients.
- Discussion of the hitherto examinations and treatments
- Examination with intervention of social support persons.
- Laboratory examinations according to individual needs and after consultation with the patient in most modern laboratories in the home country and abroad.
- Clarification of a malfunction of the metabolism
- Examinations with regard to incompatibility of food
- Examinations with regard to a heavy metal contamination
- Exhaustive consultation: For my patients I have developed an autism-specific questionnaire which I fill in with the parents each 3-4 months if possible, and in which I write down my observations and mark the development of each criterion from 1 to 7. This is the only way to make an objective statement in order to be able to judge the effect of the treatment and to optimize the therapy.
Chemical laboratory examinations within the scope of causal research. Laboratory examinations are initiated according to the individual needs and after consultation with the patient in most modern laboratories in the home country and abroad. In doing so, we follow the principle “as much as necessary and as little as possible”. The findings are interpreted in written form, discussed extensively with the patient in order to draw therapeutical consequences afterwards.
I offer the following biomedical treatments in my practice:
- Improvement of the intestinal flora
- Dietary supplements
- Chelation of heavy metals
- Administration of immunoglobulin
- Secretin therapy
- Orthomolecular medical treatments
- Microbiological treatments
- Diet sheets, designed individually for each patient
- Consultation with regard to behaviour therapy
- Consultation with regard to sensomotor integration
- Performance of the auditory cognition and processing training according to Dr. A. Tomatis
- and many others