Accommodation and leisure
Many of my patients come to Wetzlar from afar and have to be accommodated somewhere with a therapy block of about 4 to 12 days. I know that staying in a hotel can be very stressful and expensive for families with food intolerances, necessary diets, comorbidities or disabilities.
That is why you now have the option of renting a therapy apartment, each with a listening device, directly at the medicus Institute SinaVita. This allows you to make the leisure blocks much better and more flexible.
Here you can see photos of our houses:
Alternatively, the Wetzlar tourist information on telephone number 0 64 41-99 77 50 and online at www.wetzlar.de will be happy to help you find suitable accommodation.
For your probably scarce leisure time I have selected a few facilities which are all in walking distance to my office (with the exception of the indoor swimming pool):
Playgrounds (at the historical city center):
- Colchester facility
- Avignon facility
- Rosengärtchen (Rose Garden)
- Outdoor pool Domblickbad in the historical city center
- Indoor swimming pool “Europabad” (direction Hüttenberg by bus or car)
Museums, historical city center:
- Wetzlarer Dom
- Lotte Museum (Lottemuseum)
- City and Industrial Museum (Stadt- und Industriemuseum)
- Jerusalem House
- Imperial Chamber Court Museum (Reichskammergerichtsmuseum)
For a free weekend or free days before or after the therapy, you can enjoy these facilities or activities:
- Adventure Parcours Climbing Facilities (Abenteuerparcours Kletterpark)
- Adventure Trail (Bodenerlebnispfad)
- Center for Nature Conservation (Naturschutzzentrum)
- Four Towers Walking Tour (Vier-Türme Wanderung)
- Paddling on the Lahn River (Paddeln auf der Lahn)
- Water and Fun Park in Aßlar (Erlebnisbad in Aßlar)
Please contact Wetzlar’s tourist center for further information:
Domplatz 8 – 35578 Wetzlar
Phone: 0 64 41 99 77 50 – www.Wetzlar.de
Guided tours can be booked, opening times can be requested and additional information can be compiled here.
In addition, the area surrounding Wetzlar offers many sights, for example:
- The Altenberg Monastery
- The Fortuna Mine (abandoned mine)
- The Bell Museum at Greifenstein Castle
- Zoo in Weilburg
- Hessenpark near Friedberg
The following cities in the distant surroundings are also worth seeing:
- Limburg, approx. 45 km, 45min.
- Marburg, approx. 40 km, 30 min.
- Braunfels with castle, approx. 25 km, 15 min.
- Weilburg with castle, approx. 35 km, 30 min.